Friday, March 9, 2012

My Newest Haul

Spinner's Flock Winter Fleece Fair - Beech Middle School
Chelsea, Michigan
On February 18th, I met up with a couple of my good friends to attend the Spinner's Flock February 2012 Winter Fleece Fair in Chelsea, Michigan.  It's an annual sale that is always full of beautiful Michigan grown fibers, Michigan handspun yarns and lots of exotic fibers.  There are plenty of books, magazines and patterns for knitting, crochet, weaving and spinning for sale.  There is always new and used equipment for sale as well.  It's the perfect way to cure "cabin fever" in February with all the bright colors, the soft and warm fibers and yarns, and of course all the delightfully warm-hearted fiber artists from our region.  We look forward to it every year.


Spinner's Flock 2012 Winter Fleece Fair Purchase

This year I had a "small haul" but it is beautiful nonetheless. The burgundy, blue-gray, and bright multi-colored rovings are from one of my most talented good friends, Edie Bowles.  Her farm is called Spinning Moon Farm and she has a shop on Etsy. 

I kept waiting for the sun to shine to take advantage of the good light outside on the porch in order to best display the incredible colors.  But alas, the weather wouldn't cooperate; it would be windy, cloudy or snowy.  I decided I'd better just go ahead and take the picture inside since it's been nearly 3 weeks... the picture doesn't do it justice!  Anyway, I can't wait to spin it all.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! I especially love the cranberry/teal one on the right side (at least those are the colors I see on my monitor). We are so lucky to have such a great fleece sale (ie Edie's roving) to feed our addictions!

    ReplyDelete