Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Change of Scenery

For our entire marriage my husband has been telling me about the beautiful Superstition Mountains outside of Phoenix, AZ.   I recently had an opportunity to meet up with him for a long weekend out in Phoenix.


Saguaro Cactus on rocky cliff above Apache Trail
















We drove into the mountains for a relaxing day in the Tonto National Forest and nearby Lost Dutchman State Park. 
Lots of Very Large Cacti (this one is nearly
5 feet tall)





















Everything he raved about over the last 20 years was no exaggeration. I hope to go back again soon with all my camera equipment to capture the desert in full bloom.

Desert Flowers










The Craggy Earth















What an austere, yet hauntingly beautiful landscape!
 
The Wash Outside of Tortilla Flat (Pop. 6)
 
Canyon Lake



Speed Limit Advised


4 comments:

  1. What fun! I love the desert. And you have captured the essence in your photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are AMAZING! I was only in Arizona/New Mexico once but your pictures bring back the same feeling I remember. So different than Michigan. We have a beautiful country, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments on the photos. It's an amazing landscape and nearly impossible to mess up on the photos. Every shot was a winner since everything is so unusual and uniquely beautiful. What an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete